What is Fascia?
1. Fascia is a web of connective tissue formed in bands that wraps around all the internal parts of the body from head to toe and fuses it all together.
2. It can be found immediately beneath the skin, around muscles, groups of muscles, bones, nerves, blood vessels, organs and cells.
3. Fascia is everywhere. Biologically, it’s what holds us together.
Healthy Fascia Benefits
1. Improved body symmetry and alignment
2. Increased blood flow. Faster recovery.
3. Scar tissue breakdown. Reduced appearance of stretch marks and cellulite.
4. Reduced risk of injury.
How Massage Helps?
Fascia can be treated by the use of a foam roller and/or stretching. However, massage therapy is more effective. The therapist can help you release the adhesions (scar tissue) that restrains the fascia. By working on the fascia, the muscles’ range of motion is improved.